Home Insurance In Pennsylvania
Is Home Insurance Required in Pennsylvania?
The state doesn’t require that you have home insurance, but your mortgage lender may require that you purchase it as part of your mortgage. Even if you aren’t required to have home insurance, there are a number of benefits to having it. Home insurance provides a range of coverages to protect one of the biggest investments you have.
Coverage Options in Pennsylvania
There are different coverages in your home insurance policy. Always check with your specific policy to make sure you have the coverage you need with an agent at Daniel Carinci Agency LLC in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Dwelling Coverage: This protects the structure of the home, such as the walls and roof. Choosing the right amount of coverage can help ensure that you are able to rebuild your home in case there is a total loss.
- Other Structures: This coverage protects any other structures on the property that is separate from your home, such as a shed or detached garage.
- Personal Property Coverage: This protects the belongings inside your home, such as your clothes and furniture, even if they are damaged or stolen outside your home. This coverage can be offered at full replacement cost, which allows for reimbursement of an item at today’s costs instead of taking into account appreciation.
- Liability Protection: This protects you if someone sues you after you accidentally damage their property, or they get injured at your home.
- Guest Medical Protection: If a guest is injured at your home, this coverage pays for medical expenses.
- Additional Living Costs: This coverage provides extra living costs if you aren’t able to live in your home after a covered loss.
- Optional Coverage: You may be able to get optional coverages, such as equipment breakdown coverage, which pays for the cost of electrical or mechanical breakdowns for systems in the home. You can also purchase additional insurance for valuables since there will be a cap on coverage for items such as jewelry.
Contact Daniel Carinci Agency LLC in Pittsburgh, PA to get a quote on home insurance.