Boat/Watercraft Insurance In Pennsylvania
Do you enjoy being on the water? Do you currently own a boat, or are you planning to purchase one? If so, contact the Daniel Carinci Agency LLC in Pittsburgh, PA.
Unlike vehicle insurance, boating insurance is not required in many states, Pennsylvania among them. However, that does not mean it is not necessary. It provides comprehensive coverage with increased liability and physical damage protection. It also provides the option for coverage of personal items on board, including fishing equipment.
Did you know that you must report a recreational boating accident to the U.S. Coast Guard if one of the following has occurred?
- Your watercraft is lost.
- Damage to your watercraft or other property is more than $2000
- Someone has been injured and requires medical care beyond what first aid can provide.
- Someone has died or has disappeared from your watercraft.
Any one of the above circumstances could result in the loss of a great deal of money. A personal watercraft insurance policy could help with the following:
- Bodily injury liability If you are at fault in an accident resulting in an injury to someone, this coverage can help pay their medical bills and their loss of income.
- Property damage liability If you cause an accident, this coverage pays for damages to another watercraft or property.
- Collision This pays for damage to your watercraft, motor, trailer, etc., if you are in an accident with another watercraft or object.
- Comprehensive This coverage pays for damage to your equipment from causes other than collision, including damage from fire, storms, or theft.
- Uninsured motorists This coverage protects you and your equipment from an uninsured or hit-and-run boater.
- Underinsured motorists It helps protect you, your watercraft, and equipment from boaters who do not have enough coverage.
- Medical bills This coverage can help pay medical bills if you or others are injured while occupying or operating your watercraft.
- Boat towing and labor Towing expenses and other emergency services are covered if your watercraft becomes disabled.
Boating during the summer months is great fun. But have the peace of mind to know that you have the proper coverage in the event of an accident.
Contact the Daniel Carinci Agency LLC in Pittsburgh, PA., for all your insurance needs.